Thursday 17 December 2015

digital surrealism





Digital surrealism written statement
TGJ 1OP
Ms. Silverman
Alek J


The concept behind this piece was that consumerism figuratively and literally draws a line across society and people due to brand loyalty among other factors. The meaning behind the images (brand logos, products, money, etc) represent the brands people are likely drawn to but feel polarized by due to their loyalty.


My procedure for creating this work started off with drawing inspiration from the vaporwave aesthetic, which is an art and music movement started rather recently which draws from retro stylings and parodying consumerism. I utilized images from Google to provide me with image logos that would fit the aesthetic of the work as well as taking photos and seamlessly blending them within the photo. I utilized many aspects of photoshop such as the transform, text, and quick select tools as well as retouching the photos I took using levels and image adjustments.

While creating this work, I learned better how to resize and crop images utilized as well as transparency to achieve a seamless-looking work. Conceptually I feel the work was very well executed compared to what my vision was. I am very satisfied with my work and I hope my mark reflects the level of work I put into my assignment which is to say, quite a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment