Wednesday 21 October 2015

logo assignment







Company Name: The North Creative House


The company is a fashion house based in New York City. We specialize in designing urban style clothing for creative and fashion forward individuals. As a creative director of the company, I am responsible for overseeing design and production of our high quality clothing items and accessories.


I chose the wolf to represent the dynamic nature  as well as the strength of our company. The wolf also represents our collective intelligence as a brand as well as our commitment to our customers.


My first logo has a white silhouette of the wolf on a black background. The font I used for my company name is called Raleway Thin. I chose it because of its simple, clean lines and simplistic nature. Both the colours and the font used in this logo well represent the nature of the company and the style of clothing we produce.


The second logo has a muted red/burgundy background with an earth-tone green. I chose the colours because they compliment/contrast well with each other and represent the natural fabrics we utilize in our clothing.


The third logo is simply an inversion of the first logo. The silhouette of the black  wolf on the white background produces a very sharp contrast that isn’t visually pleasing to the eye.


The organic shape and curving lines of the wolf evokes feelings of strength and harmony.
The monochromatic colour scheme in the first and third logos add to the feeling of power and energy.


The muted red and green tones of the second logo create a feeling of interchanging feeling of hope and energy.


In my opinion, the first logo, the white wolf on the black background is the best solution for my company. This logo represents the principles of the company well as well as evoking feelings of strength and energy among others, which we would like to project to our customers. I belive this logo will differentiate my company from other clothing lines, since it is memorable and is easily reproduced both in colour and black and white, and is extremely scaleable.


No comments:

Post a Comment